Mapua Cycle & Sail
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Mapua
Mapua Seaside village is a vibrant hub of galleries, studios, restaurants, wine bars, cafes, shops and the Golden Bear Boutique Brewery. A Perfect destination for lunch while sampling the relaxed atmosphere and vibe.
Price: $179 per Adult, $130 per Child (Minimum numbers apply)
- 9:00 am - Meet at Trail Journeys Nelson, where you will be fitted to your bikes and briefed on your tour.
- 9:30 am - On your bike to start your cycle ride to Mapua, along Tasman’s Great Taste Trail
- 12:10 pm - Catch the transfer Ferry from Rabbit Island over to Mapua Seaside village (next departure 1:10 pm)
- 12:20 pm - Time to explore Mapua and dine at one of the many seaside village restaurants
- 1:45 pm - Meet your skipper at Mapua Wharf, ready for the afternoon sail
- 2:00 pm - Your yacht departs Mapua seaside village, catching the afternoon sea breeze back to Nelson
- 4:00 pm - Your yacht arrives into Nelson harbour
- 4:10 pm - Meet your pre-arranged transfer into the city (or take the leisurely 15 min stroll back to base)
Please Note: Your sailing catamaran will depart Nelson waterfront at 10:30 am and arrive into Mapua at 12:30 pm. Those interested in the Mapua Day Sail can join this morning cruise across the bay. Or alternatively this whole trip can be done in reverse where you can decide to sail in the morning and cycle in the afternoon, see here for Mapua Ferry Timetable.
- Cycle from Kaiteriteri Beach to Mapua village, catch the afternoon Sail back to Nelson
- Sail from Nelson to Mapua in the morning, Cycle to Kaiteriteri Beach (Catch Trail Hopper bus back)
Total maximum cycling distance - 32 Km's (Nelson to Mapua), 40 km's (Kaiteriteri to Mapua)
This trip Includes:
- Cycle equipment (bicycle, helmet, repair kit, carrier bag, odometer and trail map).
- Mapua Ferry crossing,
- Complimentary Tea & Coffee on board the Turissimo yacht,
- 2 hour sail.